A Collaborative EVE Online Blog

Monday, April 2, 2012

Dred's Intro to Thanks For the Belt Roam


Warning: This blog contains strong adult language, strong sexual content, and brief partial nudity. It has been rated R by CONCORD.  But they don't matter unless they are shooting my ship. 

Two years. I reached that benchmark. I'm not bitter. I'm not a vet. I do stupid noob shit all the time. I can't remember a roam that I FC'ed where I didn't have to explain that, "Yes, you should be doing as the FC says, not as the FC does." I make the same mistakes multiple times. I take pleasure in causing a ruckus amongst my fellow capsuleers. I am an isk sink. Somehow, in the midst of all the noobery and bullshit and smoke and booze fueled roams, a small community has developed in the public channel for the corp I started three months into the game. Fuck knows why. I'm pretty sure I tried to shoot at every one of those guys at least once. By the way, I'm the third guy down. You can call me Dred. The rest of the guys will introduce themselves at some point.

A while back Siva sent out a mail asking our group of degenerates if we would be interested in co-writing a blog. He proposed chronicling our adventures in the likes of Flight of Dragons or Rifter Drifter. Cass of course responded right away saying he was down. Tan, and Craig were both down. Being the long-winded motherfucker I am I took a minute, responded yes in a few paragraphs of blather, and began writing. I wanted to take a different route however. I don't keep a log open during my fights. I don't keep track of how much money I make (or lose in my case) from PvP. I generally don't even remember to turn everything on, so I sure as shit don't want to fraps my fights. So I figured I wouldn't necessarily blog battle reports in that style. People have done it better then I could already. Honestly, if I were to really analyze myself as a pilot, I'd probably fire myself and then I wouldn't be playing so that would be pointless. Instead, I plan on writing about whatever the fuck pops into my head. Here is a short list: roams, politricks, suicide ganks, hilariousness, depravity, rifters, exotic dancers, drugs, recruiting, orgies, fukung, stealth hot drops, horrible fails, microcosms, synergy, canadians, rifters, hurricane bob, the merits of having a strong maritime presence as a landlocked country, penis jokes, excellent adventures, bogus journeys, and fucking rifters. I hope you enjoy.
       

No comments:

Post a Comment